Tuesday, March 12, 2013

About myself.




            Greetings, I am Hernando Cortez, and I am from and I work for the great country Spain. I have explored the Honduras, Guatemala, and lead the first expeditions to California. I also conquered the Aztec Empire in Mexico.
            Because of my great interest in the wealth and gold in Mexico, the Aztec emperor Montezuma II sent gold gifts to my men and I.  I decided to take the empire itself, after learning how wealthy and populous they were. The Aztec Empire was also very advanced in areas such as painting, astronomy, and literature.  When I arrived at the well-protected city, it was very easy to defeat Montezuma. The weak ruler gave me special sandals made of jewels and gold and a golden necklace. Then, I imprisioned Montezume in his palace and he was killed by other people. The Aztec empire lost other leaders also, due to the Spaniards. The Aztecs were also hit with a small pox epidemic. I received a bad reputation for my intentions, and lost the place as the first viceryor of New Spain.          
           Fortunately, I remained a wealthy man. To compete against the man who was the viceryor of New Spain, Antonio de Mendoza, I sent ships out and I thought they discovered La Paz, however I was humiliated because my rival's ally, Juan Cabrillo, discovered California after the people in the expedition I led died. Finally, I was left searching for fame, wealth, and leading expeditions to Africa.


"Hernando Cortés." World History: The Modern EraABC-CLIO, 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2013.
"Hernando Cortés." Image. Library of Congress. World History: The Modern EraABC-CLIO, 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2013.








No comments:

Post a Comment