Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ferdinand Magellan Notes



                I Ferdinand Magellan, am an explorer. I was born in 1480, and I am Portuguese but I work for Spain. I have been many places, including the Malayan spice port of Malacca, I sailed around the cape of good hope, and I have explored the south American coastline along with Guam. From these adventures we conquered land, and people for Spain and were able to take control. Although we had to fight with force most of the time, there were a couple of events when the people agreed in peace.  One of my most memorable trip was sailing north towards Guam. It all started when some of my crew members became ill. Their illness was caused from a lack of vitamin c. Many members from my crew passed away from thirst and hunger, before we were able to resupply in Guam. Once I had reached, now known as present day Philippines, My team and I established that it was now Spanish territory.  On this trip I met the leader of the island Cebu. We became friends and offered each other support.My crew and I decided to move on to more territory, on April 27th, 1521 we came in force to an island. 60 men by my side we took off. We were met by an army of 1,000 men. This was very difficult battle, me and several of my men were killed. This was a set back for our crew at first, but they were able eventually reach the Spice Islands on November 8th, 1521. From this journey we were the first ever Europeans to circumnavigate the entire world. This was a great accomplishment for my team, even though i was not there in person, I still stood by their side every step of the way.




















http://worldatwar.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/1052567?terms=Ferdinand+Magellan
http://worldhistory.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/304851?terms=Ferdinand+Magellan

No comments:

Post a Comment