Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dean Caruso Extra Credit

Before I took this course, I didn't have much knowledge about politics. I never had any strong opinions on any of the issues, and that stemmed from being uninformed. It was the perfect time for me to take this course since it was during an election year. We learned about how campaigns were financed and how they were run in general, and seeing that in action helped me get a better understanding of politics.  I also learned a lot about the office of the president. The candidates made it seem during the election that they had the power to "fix" the economy and make all sorts of changes immediately and all by themselves. I learned that the president actually doesn't have the power to do those things on his own,   The most useful project for me was the contemporary campaign issues. I learned a lot about all the different campaign issues, and that knowledge helped me formulate my own opinions on the different issues. After taking this course, I feel that I have a strong understanding of how politics work and a strong understanding of the current issues facing our country today.

No comments:

Post a Comment